Hello to all the dudes and chicks out there in blue collar land, and welcome to my first ever giveaway! Radical to the max!
I’ll get right to the good stuff.
For this giveaway, I’ve partnered up with Uncommon Goods so that the lucky awesome winner will get a $50 gift certificate to use at Uncommon Goods!
To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below asking me a question you want answered about anything blue collar! Easy as that. The winner will be randomly drawn and I’ll use the email address below to let you know that you’ve won.
What’s that you say? You want extra entries to the giveaway? I can do that for you.
- For one extra entry, go to the Uncommon Goods facebook page here and “like” them.
- For a second extra entry, sign up for the Uncommon Goods email list here.
- For a third extra entry, subscribe to my RSS feed (orange box in the upper right corner of the page).
So you can keep it simple and enter by just putting a comment below with a question, or you can get crazy and get some extra entries by doing any or all of the 3 things listed above.
So ask me a question and get crackin’ on entering! Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m on Friday, May 10, 2013.
The Product Review
But TB, you ask, how do I know if their stuff rules or sucks? Well, cool reader, because Uncommon Goods sent me some loot to review. They didn’t pay me to say anything in particular so I’m gonna be honest. But just so you know, they did send me this loot for free. Which is kinda cool.
1. Home Plate Doormat: In their Gifts for Men section here, they have this doormat that’s shaped like a home plate and says, “Home.”
I’m a baseball dude and so I thought this was pretty cool. It looks exactly like it is. Seems like it’s made pretty well. I give it a thumbs up.
Actually, I give it 2 thumbs up because a week or so ago we had some massive flooding that came up to our front door. This doormat floated in the water around the house and ended up in our back yard. After the water went away, I laid it out to dry and guess what? It’s still in great condition and back on our front stoop. I’d say it’s a hardy little doormat!
2. 7 day hand repair kit for men: I’m in construction and my hands get pretty crunked up (remember when I burned my hand?). My wife doesn’t always like it, so it seemed like this kit was a good idea to fix up these hands so that I could pick up a new career as a hand model or something. Or at least make my hands less crunked up.
I’m not a girly man so it was hard to use this stuff like I was supposed to. But I did it. And. Well. You can check out my “after” hand picture below and see for yourself. My hands are still crunked up. It didn’t work so great for me and it smelled like a church pew.
To be fair, I’m really rough on my hands with my job, they’re always getting cut, nicked, and scraped. And I never use lotion or that kind of stuff usually. So it might actually work for a white collar dude whose hands aren’t quite so badly crunked. They’ve got the kit listed in their section on Father’s Day gifts here, if you want to check it out.
One thing that’s funny about the repair kit is that one of the things is called butter nub. Ha. Funny name. Butter nub. I got both my daughters walking around saying that, haha.
That’s it hot chicks and gnarly dudes! Enter the giveaway by leaving a question for me below, and you can pick out your own Uncommon Goods stuff!